Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Use Yoga props when you need them....

Angie in Pinca Mayurasana, using strap

Any Yoga teacher who tells you that you shouldn't use props when you need them is wrong.

I always start every class by asking my students to grab straps and blocks. If you need a block to get properly aligned into a pose, then it is proper to use blocks! Never worry about it.


My cyber friend, a Yoga teacher named Angie Bee Hotz, better known as "Barefoot Angie Bee", said it best in a recent post that I encourage you to read. You'll get the exact same advice from me in any of my classes here in Colorado.

"Proper alignment and form is far more important than how far into a pose you can possibly get!   Make sure and get two blocks though.  For a lot of poses you need a block for each hand............  

"Modifications are brilliant and are for everyone!

-Angie Bee Hotz, a.k.a. Barefoot Angie Bee

Read all of Angie's post CLICK HERE

Learn more about Angie CLICK HERE




1 comment:

  1. I am a 24/7 BAREFOOTER, and her bare feet are as Black as my Feet are on the bottoms!

    ReplyDelete